Pages

Tuesday 6 March 2012

High Street Lingerie Pick of the Week


As some of you who also follow our Tumblr, you may have noticed my recent high street lingerie posts! As an avid fan and follower of lingerie trends but also a student with little to no income, I have cunningly put together a weekly post about the best picks for lingerie out on the high street and also websites that are within a small budget - not sacrificing money for style or sex appeal! Every post is going to consist of a brand that has taken my fancy this week and my top five pieces from this season. I hope you enjoy and find this beneficial!

High Street Lingerie Brand of the Week - TOPSHOP

1. Black Lace and Mesh High Waisted Knickers and Triangle Bra - £28



I am so crazy about this set. For a high street brand that also produces clothing in general, it is a very well thought-out design and very different to what you would usually associate with high street lingerie (plain lace bra and french knickers!). I love the high waisted knickers the most and the lace panel at the front with incredibly detailed lace with the black cross at the front to mirror the style of the matching bra and to also help break up the large space of lace which gives it another level. The bra is also gorgeous although not very supportive for those with bigger breasts! This also comes with blue lace and a matching body which is also gorgeous. High waisted knickers are so flattering to most shapes to enhance an hour-glass figure. I love it! Amazing effort from Topshop right here!

2. Black Ladder Seam Slip - £65
 I won't lie, when I saw this in cream in Topshop the other day my heart was thumping trying to fumble for the label to find out what size and how much! Unfortunately it was about 3 sizes too big for me and a little out of my price range (hey I guess that's what you get for blowing all your money the weekend before at Fashion Weekend), but my God is it gorgeous! Definitely worth the price tag as you won't find something similar in quality and style for much cheaper. Made from mesh with panels separated with ladder seams and also underwired cups, it would look amazing on with patent black heels, suspender belt and seams, awaiting your significant other in the bedroom. WARNING: Might cause your partner to suffer popped trouser buttons or melted knickers.

3. Navy Pleated Midi - £46

 For vintage babes - check out this lace midi nightie! I love that it emulates 30s-40s bedtime fashions with it's lace trimming on the bust and midriff and also pleated skirt. This looks much better than your PJ's right? I know I would rather be lounging around in this than my onesie any day! I keep imagining waltzing around my house wearing this with those cute fluffy heels and fur trimmed bedcoat! Although, I consider this way too stunning to be dreaming in! It could easily be taken into daytime wear with DM's and a leather jacket as the reviews say this is not too see-through and easily worn in the day. You could even take this into nightwear by hitching it up at the front to show more leg with a few safety pins and wearing some killer heels! I'll definitely be seeking out similar styles in my local antique shop and car boot sales.

 4. Black Caged Waspie - £20

Current trends show a lot of caged lingerie and this fits in perfectly! Although it might not have the same strength to nip in the waist like other waspies, it still is a great piece to spice up any black lingerie. I think it would look amazing with a soft-cup black mesh bra, mesh knickers and a black suspender belt that sits on the waist! It is also very easily taken into outerwear, as it would look fantastic over a contrasting colour fitted dress or with a pencil skirt and shirt.

5. Lace Bralet - £22


Finally some colour! This looks so yummy, it reminds me of those rainbow sherbert sticks! Mint lace with pastel pink trimmings, it is bang on trend with 50s style pastels. I love the entire shape of this because of the longline bra, underwired cups and how the straps come from the cups to the shoulder to create a 50s look and also to help support the bust. The V-neck shape is also very flattering to all, as it lengthens the neck, slims, and enhances the bust!

All photos from TOPSHOP
- Toots

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...