|Fleur of England - Love|
At two different budgets, here is my anatomy of romantic lingerie.
Total Cost: £170
Total Cost: £530.49
What you need in your knicker drawer:
1. A kimono. Kimono's, as opposed to your average robe, are great because of the shorter length, floaty sleeves and the fact that they are always made of silk or satin. Something to slip into after the bath or to throw on to greet the milkman, either way these two are gorgeous.
Ayten Gasson, trimmed with Nottingham lace and finished off with a satin ribbon tie. (Currently £49 at FairyGothMother). On the right is the Backstage on Broadway kimono by Gilda & Pearl. This is also silk and is edged in black English lace (£182 at FairyGothMother).
2. An ultra feminine bra and knicker set. This can mean something covered in ribbons, trimmed in the prettiest lace or even just something in a girly colour. "Feminine" means something different to everyone but to me it means sheers, pretty detailing and gorgeous fabrics. Which is why I love both of these:
Intimissimi). 'Love' by Fleur of England (right) is one of my favourite collections at the moment - the Boudoir bra and brief in particular. I love the vibrant colour, the lace detail on the cups and the front of the knicker and the playful satin ties (£179 together at Fleur of England).
3. A playsuit/slip/babydoll. Basically anything that contributes an element of tease. Anything that gives the impression of innocent sleepwear with a sneaky side tie or lace cup poking out. I'm a big fan of playsuits which is why I've chosen these:
Playful Promises). The lovely little number on the right is the Ell & Cee Pom Pom Playsuit. The sheer chiffon will look super sexy over your undies (£88.50 at lucileandco).
4. An eyemask. Whether for catching your beauty sleep or blindfolding your other half, an eyemask is the ultimate boudoir accessory.
5. Beautiful hosiery. Show off your pins with some silky stockings or hold ups. On the left we have seamed Tulle Hold Ups (£10 at What Katie Did). On the right, Love seams by Pamela Mann (£7.99 at mytights). I love this trend of seams that incorporate text into the design. You could also wear the Agent Provocateur Whip Me hold ups with either of these outfits.
6. A garter. Now to finish everything off with a beautiful garter. I've picked two in a dusty pink to complement everything and both of them are stunning.
libertyinlove). Meanwhile the Glitterati Garter by the wonderful Florrie Mitton epitomises the extravagant embellishments of boudoir lingerie with the hand beaded central detail (£55 at libertyinlove).
All images taken from credited websites.
Follow us on